Tuesday 23 April 2013

Colour Of My Skin

Driving from one end of town to the other end in Calgary sucks. On top of that, my friend lives close to no man's land, where he held a party. An area so new that it hasn't completely been updated on Google Map. I was on the right street but I got lost as I've never been to his place before. The night was getting chilly and the streets were quiet except for this one house that was loud and bright. I saw and heard people singing; it was karaoke. I rang the doorbell. No answer, but I could see someone sitting by the entrance. I knocked on the door and still, no answer. What kind of friends does he have? Can't he see me!? I pounded on the door as I'm getting cold. The door finally opened and the guy invited me in as I held two plates of these:
I was about to walk in when a bunch of kids ran right to the door. Wait. A. Minute. They're all Filipino and I don't recognize any of them! And why would there be kids in this household? By the way, my friend is Chinese so I was expecting at least one there. Clearly, I was at the wrong house. I'm an idiot.

By the time I found the right house, the dozen egg tarts that I prepared that night went cold. I was also carrying homemade chili in a thermo food cup the entire time as well. Luckily, it was still warm.

I forgot to mention in my last post, that I didn't use all of the dough for the crust. This time, I did and I found the crust to be a little thick. I also used my pie crust recipe as I was hoping for a flakier crust but unfortunately, it didn't make any difference. It was still a cookie type of crust but with less butter flavor because pie crust needs more water.
Baked at 400°F for the first 12 minutes then 350°F for the next 12 minutes
I probably ruined the flakiness when I molded each piece of dough into a ball.

I'm gonna try making this again this weekend. By the way, here's a picture of the chili that I made while making egg tarts that day.
It has no relevance to this blog but I thought I'd post it. Or does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment