Wednesday 2 January 2013

And so it begins!

I woke up one weekend only to think about eating a slice of apple pie. That one flaky, buttery, sweet slice that I never had in my life. Is it really hard to make a perfect pie? Immediately, I searched on the Internet, hopped into my car, and bought all the ingredients and tools to make a pie. Five hours later, voila!
Not exactly what I envisioned that morning. The crust was rock solid and the filling was runny and very tart. I did eat the whole pie that week. I figured forcing myself to finish this atrocious beast will only make me want to make a better pie. And it did!
 
Crust was a little burnt as I decided to make it thinner. I also added more water to the crust to make it easier to roll. Filling was still runny but at least it was better than 'edible'. After several tries, it's finally looking more like my dream pie.
Since this last picture was taken, I've been focusing on individual pot pies. The challenge is to bake a frozen pie as it often goes runny. I use different apples now as well (Gala). More on this in the future!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment